We will be staying at URJ Camp George located in scenic Seguin Township, an area that features the
Canadian Shield - ancient rock formations, trees, and lakes.
Here is a sampling of the
activities offered for the Main Event of Jewish Outdoor Escape 2022:
- Easy hikes like Bala
Historic Walk through the picturesque town of Bala & the Schoolhouse Trail in Port Severn.
- Lovely moderate hikes around gorgeous lakes like Hardy Lake Provincial Park, or Wilson Falls in Bracebridge, alongside the picturesque Muskoka River, or Arrowhead Provincial Park featuring a hike to stunning Stubb Falls along with some
canoeing or kayaking.
- Check out the stunning North Shore Rugged Trail along the shores of Georgian Bay, or Cranberry Marsh trails followed by wine tasting.
- Advanced hikes like Centennial Ridges, the longest trail in world renowned Algonquin Park.
- Biking along old railways lines on the paved Tay Shore
Trail, or the Algonquin Park Rail Trail.
- Canoeing or kayaking from camp along the beautiful bays of Maple Lake connecting to Duck Lake or paddling to the waterfalls on the Muskoka River. Or for the truly
adventurous, a unique canoe/rappelling combination in Bracebridge!
- A visit to picturesque Rosseau
Falls combined with a tour of the Aspen Valley Wildlife Sanctuary &
a visit to the quaint town of Rosseau.
- Treetop trekking & ziplining, followed by a visit to the main street of Huntsville to check out the huge
wall murals of the Group of Seven.
- Two Island
Queen boat cruises, one with, one without hiking & swimming, along Lake Huron's iconic Georgian Bay, famous for its rocky islands and windswept Jack Pines.
- A short walk along the Gravenhurst Wharf Trail, a visit to the fascinating Muskoka Discovery
Centre, capped off by a cruise on the Segwun Steamship to
see Millionaire's Row.
- Feeding the chickadees, walking the easy trails and canoeing or kayaking through Wye Marsh
- The Bobby Orr Hall of Fame in nearby Parry Sound for the hockey
fans, followed by a cold one at Trestle Brewery.
- Spectacular night sky views from the Torrance Barrens Dark Sky Preserve, possibly seeing the late summer Northern Lights.
- Ontario's best kept secret, a Garden of Eden, aka High Falls Park, for everyone who signs up for any activities in
- There will also be many activities at the camp itself, from high ropes, pick-up games of basketball, soccer,
archery to name a few and Shabbat services as well as evening activities, including icebreakers, dancing in
the outdoor pavilion, and nightly campfires and sing-alongs.
- Also, we plan to offer in camp workshops and lectures brought to you by our talented and informative
More Details to come once we finalize the schedule