On this Page:
Flying vs. Driving
Trying to figure out if you should fly or drive to the event? It is about 6 to 7.5
hours minimum travel time plus flight time to get to camp via flying:
- 1/2 to 1 Hour travel to the airport on average.
- 2 hours pre-flight for international flights (to/from the USA and Canada)
- 1 to 2 hour(s) minimum time in Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) (Travel from gate to baggage
claim to meeting location, then waiting for Mosaic Shuttle to arrive)
- 2.5 hours for travel time for the Mosaic Shuttle between Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) and
camp without traffic. Add a little for the traffic.
The bottom-line Ohio is closer to drive over flying. CT, DC, IL, MA, MD, NJ, NYC,
OH, and PA, the drive time to camp is almost the same as flying or just a little more (and most likely cheaper).
Check out the attached spreadsheet for more details for an airport near you: Flying vs. Driving Spreadsheet.
Arrival by Air
Distance to/from Camp is approx. 218km / 135 Miles / 2.5 Hours (w/o traffic)
The following Airlines have direct flights between Pearson Airport and Canadian or USA locations:
Map of Airport
Options to get from Toronto Pearson International Airport to Camp George and Vice Versa
To and From Main Event
- Mosaic Shuttle: Take Mosaic Shuttle on Thursday, September 1, 2022, to camp. See the Mosaic Shuttle details.
- Rent a car and drive. We might be able to help you with carpooling. See the Ride Share
To Hotel for Pre-Trip
Go to Pre-Trip information for details about transportation to and from the Pre-Trip.
Distance to/from camp is 147 Miles (236 KM)/ 2.5
Hours (w/o traffic)
- Porter Airlines has direct flights from Boston (BOS), Chicago (MDW), Myrtle Beach (MYR),
Newark, NJ (EWR), DC (IAD). with partner destinations through JetBlue.
- Air Canada has
direct flights from Montreal
Map of Airport
No Mosaic pickup or drop-off at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport for Main Event
Options to camp once at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport:
- Rent a car once you arrive at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport to camp.
- Travel on the Mosaic Shuttle leaving from the Pre-Trip Hotel or Pearson Airport
- Find alternative option to and from Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport and Camp George in
Cost: $ 90 CA / $70 US Round Trip or $50 CA / $40 US One-Way
Plan to take the Mosaic Shuttle from Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) to
the main event? Please arrive BEFORE 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 1, 2022. You
must pick up your luggage and meet the group to load the Mosaic Shuttle for a 2:04 p.m. sharp departure from the
airport. Total drive time 2 to 2.5 hours pending traffic.
The Mosaic Shuttle to the airport will leave camp at 9:00 a.m. Please book your
flights AFTER 2:00 pm for domestic flights (within Canada) and AFTER 2:30 pm for international
(including flights to the USA) flights on Monday, September 5, 2022, from Toronto Pearson International Airport
- 2.5 Hour = Distance from camp to airport without traffic
- 1 Hour = Buffer for holiday traffic and other issues
- 1.5 Hour for Pre-Flight for Domestic or 2 Hour Pre-flight for International
Please leave 5 to 5.5 hours between leaving camp and the departure of your flight
Go to the Pre-Trip page for more details.
Toronto Shuttle - Cancelled
12 Person Van
From New York City, New Jersey, Boston, or Chicago
We are looking for anyone willing to drive from NYC, NJ, Boston, or Chicago areas
via a rented 12-Person Van or 7-Passenger Minivan and take passengers to and from the event. Please contact us
to let us know if you are willing. Price TBD.
Tolls in Canada
AVIOD TOLL RT.
407 and connecting Rts. 418 / 412. It will be upwards of $43 CA mistake if you do.
Arrivals by Automobile
- If you are driving to camp in your own or rented car, you will not need to pay for any shuttles. Check-in at
camp opens at 3:00 pm on Thursday, September 1, 2022. Please be kind to the organizers and do not arrive
beforehand (we will turn you away at the door if you do). Keep in mind that there may be heavy traffic on
Thursday afternoon. You will be able to drive your car to your cabin to off-load your things ONLY if you
arrive BEFORE dinner on Thursday, September 1, 2022. After 6:30 p.m. the camp will close the roads, and you
will be forced to park in the parking lots (which may not be near your cabin). If you arrive between 6:30 p.m.
and 8:00 p.m. park your car in the parking lot and then go directly to the dining hall. Leave your stuff in
the car for later. Any car that is on campgrounds and not in the designated parking lot after 6:30 p.m. on
Thursday, September 1, 2022 will be subject to being towed.
- Go to attendee
information for complete driving directions.
- Please let us know if you would be willing to pick up people at the airports, bus, or train station. Mileage
reimbursement is available (preset amounts).
Departures by Automobile
Please plan to leave camp either BEFORE 7:00 am or AFTER 9:30 am
on Monday, September 5, 2022 to allow people, vans and buses to load and depart safely. Everyone must be out of
camp by 11:30 am.
Back to top of page