Mosaic wants to help as many people as possible to experience the beauty of the great outdoors, learn, and
connect with other Jewish outdoor enthusiasts at our annual Jewish Outdoor Escape. Your support can help:
- Build the growing community of Jewish outdoor enthusiasts across North America.
- Foster a greater appreciation of nature and the great outdoors; and,
- Build outdoor knowledge and skills and an ethic of environmental consciousness and conservation.
Standard Scholarships for Financial Hardship
If you have a need for financial assistance to be able to attend the Jewish Outdoor Escape and would like to
apply for a Mosaic Scholarship, please download the application, complete it, scan and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is July 10th, 2022. We have a limited amount of funds, so applying for a
scholarship does not guarantee that you will be offered one.
Eligibility: To be qualified for a scholarship, the application must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must be eligible to be a member of the nearest local Mosaic club. Individuals whose membership
eligibility is suspended or revoked as of the date of the application or event are not eligible to receive a
- The applicant must demonstrate financial hardship. While the applicant is not expected to provide financial
records as part of the application, he or she should explain the basis of the request and the financial need
sufficiently to allow the committee to evaluate the application alongside other applications received.
- Scholarship applicants and their immediate family members may not serve on the scholarship committee for the
event for which the application was submitted.
As a condition of receiving a scholarship, recipients are expected to agree to the following terms:
- Recipients may not purchase premium or upgraded housing (including single or double rooms) except for the
following circumstances (For either of the below exceptions, the candidate shall be limited to the least
expensive upgrade available to meet the need):
- Couples may purchase upgrades to a couple's room.
- Individuals with disabilities which makes the use of an upgraded room medically necessary will be
eligible to upgrade to a room appropriate to meet the need. Such persons should contact the event
committee as early as possible so that a suitable room may be reserved.
- Because volunteers run Mosaic and its events, recipients will be expected to do at least one of the
following in a significant capacity:
- Volunteer at the event.
- Volunteer with the event committee before the event.
- Have a history of volunteering with MOCA or his or her local Mosaic club.
Click on the link to download the Scholarship Form in MS Word /
Please submit your Scholarship Request Application to email@example.com by July 10th, 2022.
Scholarships are awarded by July 24th, 2022